Saturday, June 20, 2009

Weather

It's June 20th, it's been raining for weeks, the grass is "as high as an elephant's eye," and for some strange reason I seem to be the only person enjoying this crazy weather. Maybe it's because my life is so dreary and strange right now that I am finding the rain oddly comforting. It's the only thing that's not trying to cheer me up right now. It's allowing me to curl up in my bed with books and my laptop without feeling guilty that I should be out gardening, or surfing, or soaking up those vitamin-filled rays that everyone demands every day. 
The funny thing about humans and weather is that no matter what mother nature puts out each day, people will find something to complain about. When the sun is shining, it's either too hot, or too humid, or too bright. They're getting too sunburned, the kids won't cooperate with the sunblock applications, the grass is turning brown, the garden needs watering again...And God forbid it rains!! Even if it rains 1 day out of 9, people will undoubtedly say, "when will it ever stop raining?" Since weather HAPPENS every day, and most people don't really have much to say, I guess it gives those poor, shallow souls something to pontificate about.  Hmmm...since I just filled 2 perfectly good paragraphs discussing the weather, I have officially joined the ranks of the poor, shallow souls. I think I'll grab my organic shampoo and hop outside for a nice shower in the rain!! 

1 comment:

  1. I found this rather interesting.
    It started me thinking.
    Have humans created a world more complicated then they are comfortable living in?

    Sure we have the comforts of modern technology and the ability to talk to people around the word. But how much simpler where things when food, shelter, and survival were our main worries?

    Maybe it's just me but I have heard other people talk about it including you.
    Wanting to go live in the middle of nowhere. Simplify things, cut out the bullshit.

    I feel like that thought isn't finished yet. But I'm done lunch and have to get back to work.

    It's cloudy now...and I'm ok with that.

    Have a good day.

    Zach

    ReplyDelete